Monday, April 1, 2024

It's Not All About Me

 


    Life is not all about me.  I have to consider the other people in the world.  I may have salvation, but that is only the beginning.  How can I serve God and not try to make sure that the rest of the world has an opportunity to know how to have salvation too?
    When I approach life in the "I" context it makes the world revolve around me.  That is not reality.  The prophet Elijah was one of the most spiritually filled prophets that lived.  However, he struggled with thoughts of being alone and loneliness which fed his negative emotions.  
    This process isolates people more than they already are.  It puts the person on an island in their mind where it is hard to get to them.  This is all done by the individual even if he never intended for it to happen.  Elijah felt like he was the only one serving God.  That was not true, but he was the only one in the spot light.  
    When I make the world all about me, my attitude will not change.  I have to let God in before any real change will happen.  He is the one that will open my eyes to reality.  He pops the bubble of self-pity, self-isolation, or self-obsession.  God will draw me out of my own head and emotions to show me that there is a purpose for my life beyond my own little world.
    God will redirect me when I start wandering off His path.  When I make myself my own god, comfort a god, or any other desire a god, He will show the truth.  I just have to be open to it.  If I seek God, then reality is a lot easier to take because I have a healthier perspective.  Godly perspective is the world view that I need.
    When my world becomes all about me instead of serving God, He will bring me to a humbling experience.  If I develop the martyr complex, then that means I am struggling with pride.  God always has a way to reveal the truth to me.  He will reveal the truth about me in a way that will make me want to change because I am His child.
    My life is not all about me.  That means that there is a bigger picture for my life.  There is no time to wallow in self-pity, doubt, fear, or anxiety.  I have to remind myself to try to see as much of the big picture as I can and accept what I cannot see or understand.  
    I have to get out of my own head and turn to a lifestyle of prayer and reflection, so I can put other people as a priority in life.  I can't be what God designed me to be if I make my whole world about me.  I have to make other people a priority to serve God in love.
    I am beautifully complex, but so is everyone one else.  I have a special purpose, but so does everyone else.  When I feel alone, then God will send me someone.  All I have to do is get out of my own way and allow God to work in me, on me, and through me because my identity is made through the Holy Spirit to identify as God's Child.  
    This identity is real and redeems my soul, so I need to live like I am free.  I am free to give up rage, bitterness, anger, rudeness, harshness, or any other evil behavior.  I am free to live and love like God through forgiveness, tenderness, kindness, and goodness.  I am free to live faithfully to God.  To identify with God is the true identity of a Christian.  Any other identity is an evil lie.  I just need to learn, accept, and live the truth of Jesus.

1 Kings 19:10-21, Psalm 139:13-16, Romans 8:9-11, Ephesians 4:30-32, & 2 Timothy 3:14-17


No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is open for discussion. Please share your thoughts.

God's Will in Calling You

      God is the creator of all living and good things in this world.  That means that He is over all leadership, even the leadership that r...