I am starting a series on the promises of God. You may hear or read to hold onto the promises of God in hard times, but people rarely tell you what the promises are. The truth is you have to get into God's Word to really know what they are and how they are given. It did get me interested though. I wanted to know how many there were and how many I read over without realizing that they are actually promises of God. I found out that there are 2,403 promises of God. It would take years to cover them all, so I am going to hit the highlights, but basically anything that God says will be is a promise.
Promises are declarations of things you will do and will not do. Promises of God are done deals. You never have to worry about Him changing his mind or manipulating the deal. They are forever. Some promises are for your benefit now. Some are eternal. His promises cover eternal life, unfailing love, provision, and His presence. The teach you about how to prepare, be loved, forgiveness, strength, and hope. They are meant to provide comfort, peace, or guidance in your daily life. He is providing everything you need.
You have promises from the beginning to the end of the Bible. It is in God's promises that you really learn His character. It gives you security in life and hope for the eternal life. This is a deeper topic than some may think. You are digging in to really get to know God.
If you are struggling with anxiety, spiritual warfare, or something else that is stealing your peace, then come along with me in this journey to understand God better. If I do this right, then you should be able to see God in His glory, experience His faithfulness, and be empowered to follow Him. I will always encourage you to read the scriptures I provide, but go deeper. Never take my perspective over what comes directly from God's Word. Reading it for yourself may allow God to speak to you directly in a different way.
2 Corinthians 1:17-20 & 2 Peter 1:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment
This Blog is open for discussion. Please share your thoughts.